Let your DJ/MC be interactive
To revive a dead dance floor, have your MC get a bit more interactive, suggests DJ Earl Henry. “As a professional DJ my job is to make sure everyone is having a good time celebrating the guests of honor.” DJ “Hot Chocolate” moves out into the crowd while singing, even dancing with grandma! DJs can orchestrate some fun competitions or games.”
It’s all about YOU!
A good wedding DJ & MC knows that it’s all about YOU! It’s not about the DJ. Every wedding should be custom tailored to what each bride and groom are looking for.-Says DJ Gill Sotu. No one can resist a smiling bride and groom on the dance floor,.
Bottom line, interview your DJ& MC and make sure that you have that ying and yang with them, that warm and fuzzy feeling! MY DJS is fully dedicated to giving the highest possible quality of entertainment and professionalism. We invite our clients to our studio for a live performance and professional interview environment!
Check out Exclusive Wedding Hair Deals
Do not let rain devastate your outdoor wedding or ANY outdoor event. If you do not “Plan for Rain’ you are placing the success of your event and the safety of your event in harms way. So, if you are planning a beautiful outdoor wedding, please make sure that you are proficient in these steps:
- Get the “Weather.com” app on your mobile device and learn how to interpret its moving map. The number one problem I see is people not knowing how to understand what a storm is going to do. This is inexcusable.
- Have a Tent. This will also help your guests and vendors deal with all elements including blazing direct sunlight. If Our San Diego DJ company is placed in direct sunlight often and our equipment and staff basically melt.
- Take every umbrella your immediately family owns. If you take an umbrella it won’t rain, if you leave it at home expect to get wet. Having 20 or so umbrellas on hand helps your ushers with the elderly and any group that may be caught out in a storm. Grab a couple of boxes of over sized garbage bags, these will become waterproofing for everything. Get the largest size that you can find!
- Have an understanding that you must evaluate severe weather as well and move your group indoors. Rain is one thing when raindrops are pouring on your guests as they scramble for shelter, imagine those raindrops as golf ball sized hail. This would create a horrible situation if these guests are left defenseless in the path of a storm.
- Consider purchasing a Special Event Insurance policy.
- Dedicate a member of your immediate family to keep an eye on the radar. As your DJ, we watch closely the radar as A.) We don’t want your wedding ruined and B.) Selfishly we have several thousand dollars worth of electrical equipment that is ruined by even a drop.
Do NOT let a 15 minute rain shower effect the rest of the evening. I have seen Brides and Party planners panic at the sight of rain and try and “beat” it by moving the ceremony up 10 minutes, only to have everyone monsooned on and a very upset group of people. What if instead of the above scenario scenario, everyone came inside, let the shower move through, wipe down the chairs, everyone has a seat, the ceremony begins with a big rainbow above. Which of these sounds best to you???
I hope this helps some of you planning outdoor events. I do not want to scare you, I want to prepare you. Believe me, my experience with rain disasters is a very scary thing that you do not want to see! No matter what happens, do NOT stop smiling!
Source: Ogle Entertainment